An outdoor kitchen is a lovely addition to any home, particularly for those who entertain in the garden or backyard. There are a lot of considerations that need to be made before you begin building your dream kitchen, however, starting with:
As neat as it may be to have your kitchen way out on the other side of the pool and away from the patio area, this likely isn’t the most reasonable space for it to be located. Generally speaking, the closer to the house the better for a number of reasons:
- The closer the kitchen is to the home, the less far you’ll need to run the necessary electrical lines, water lines, and gas lines..
- The less distance you need to go to haul out the food you’ll be throwing on the grill, the better
- Your patio is likely already covered so your kitchen will be protected from the elements
There are a few essentials that every outdoor kitchen should have:
- A cooking area
- A prep area
- A dining area (you may already have this all laid out on your patio)
- A “lounge” area
If your budget allows, you can then start adding on other features, such as an outdoor sink, a beer tap, a bar, a fireplace or fire pit (this is ideal for colder climate areas) and a refrigerator.
Think about when you’ll mostly be entertaining in your backyard kitchen and the sort of ambiance that you’d like to have. When in doubt, always select lighting that’s subtle – not bold and bright – and only light up areas as much as necessary to keep your guests and yourself safe.
- The grill area can be lit with basic task lighting
- Pathways can also be marked with lighting
- Soft lighting can be created by hanging downlights from walls, arbors, or even trees
- Use accent lighting to highlight unique landscape and water features
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Arizona Rainfall has been a premier pool builder for the Surprise, Peoria and Phoenix Arizona areas since 1977. Started out of necessity when owner Gary Hines discovered the need customers had in finding a company who would show up on time and complete the job as promised. This commitment continues today with their “You won’t pay a cent until you project is complete and you’re happy with your new environment” guarantee.
Combining custom design with only the best in Hayward equipment, they provide the Phoenix Valley with custom pools, water features, outdoor living, and landingscaping services. With over 40 years of experience, they are uniquely qualified to be your outdoor living designer and construction firm specializing in custom pools, water features, outdoor living and landscaping.